- In the Convert Module choose Advanced and click on the PDF to TXT option.
- You can decide which pages should be converted.
- Click on the three dots in the corner to open more settings.
- Click the Folder icon to change where Expert PDF will save your file.
- The page divider option will visually divide pages of the resulted .txt document. Please note that a .txt document has no separate pages. The text located in such a document is displayed continuously. The Use Page Divider feature helps to understand where the next page begins, and where the previous page ends.
- Check the box next to Use Page Divider.
- Сlick on the dropdown menu and choose one from the list. You can also type in your custom page divider.
- You can choose to apply the OCR engine when converting. This will let you edit any scanned documents in whichever program you are using for your TXT files.
- You can choose to have Expert PDF convert any cropped text by checking the box next to Convert cropped text.
- By default, the file will open. Uncheck the box next to Open TXT Document after conversion to prevent the file from opening.
- Click the Make Default button to use the selected settings moving forward.
- When you are ready click on Export to turn your PDF into a TXT file.
When your file is finished converting you will see the notification.
We provide a quick conversion tool for users to convert the file without opening up any program.
- Navigate to the part of your computer where the file is saved.
- Right-click on the file.
- Expand the Expert PDF option and choose Convert to TXT.
We have two additional modules. The OCR module allows you to recognize and edit text within any scanned document or image. We also have the E-Sign module that allows you to electronically sign PDFs and track and manage e-signatures in real time. If those modules are not available for you, you can purchase them here.