- In the Convert Module choose Advanced and click on the PDF to TXT option.
- You can decide which pages should be converted.
- Click on the three dots in the corner to open more settings.
- Click the Folder icon to change where Expert PDF will save your file.
- The page divider option will visually divide pages of the resulted .txt document. Please note that a .txt document has no separate pages. The text located in such a document is displayed continuously. The Use Page Divider feature helps to understand where the next page begins, and where the previous page ends.
- Check the box next to Use Page Divider.
- Сlick on the dropdown menu and choose one from the list. You can also type in your own custom page divider.
- You can choose to apply the OCR engine when converting. This will let you edit any scanned documents in whichever program you are using for your TXT files.
- You can choose to have Expert PDF convert any cropped text by checking the box next to Convert cropped text.
- By default, the file will open. Uncheck the box next to Open TXT Document after conversion to prevent the file from opening.
- Click the Make Default button to use the selected settings moving forward.
- When you are ready click on Export to turn your PDF into a TXT file.
When your file is finished converting you will see the notification.
We provide a quick conversion tool for users to convert the file without opening up any program.
- Navigate to the part of your computer where the file is saved.
- Right-click on the file.
- Expand the Expert PDF option and choose Convert to TXT.